Retina disorders can affect the way that you process visual information and lead to distorted or absent vision. Tyson Eye realizes how much one relies on their vision. With his extensive training and education, Dr. Tibbetts can diagnose and treat the full spectrum of retinal disorders.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
Medical Retina Fellowship, 2013-2014
- Wills Eye Institute at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
Ophthalmology Residency Program, 2010-2013
Co-Chief Resident, 2012-2013
- Brigham and Womenâ€™s Hospital, Boston, MA
Preliminary Internship in Medicine, 2009-2010
- Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Class of 2009
Harvard-MIT Health Sciences and Technologies (HST) Division
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
Class of 2004
Bachelor of Arts in Molecular Biology, Summa Cum Laude
- Palm Harbor University High School, Palm Harbor, FL
Class of 2000
Salutatorian of the International Baccalaureate (I.B.) Program
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- McCleary Grant from the Center for Eye Research and Education awarded each year to a student from Harvard Medical School who shows exceptional promise as a research scientist in the field of Ophthalmology, 2008â€˘ Resident and fellows case presentations award at the Atlantic Coast Retina Society Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, 2011
- Calvin Dodd MacCracken Senior Thesis Award for Engineering and the Sciences given for a senior thesis or project work that is most distinctive for its inventiveness and technical accomplishment, Princeton University, 2004
- Phi Beta Kappa Society Member, Princeton University, 2003
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholar, 2003
- Princeton University Shapiro Award for Academic Excellence, 2001 and 2002
- USA Today All Academic 3rd Team, 2004
- Tibbetts, M.D. and Ho, A.C. â€śHemoglobinopathiesâ€ť chapter in Yanoff & Duker Ophthalmology 4th edition (2014), 555-559.
- Tibbetts, M.D., Reichel, E. and Witkin, A.J. Vision loss after intravitreal ocriplasmin: Correlation of spectral domain optical coherence tomography and electroretinography. JAMA Ophthalmology (2014) 132, 487-490.
- Tibbetts, M.D. and Duker, J.S. OCT in CATT: Practical Implications for Using Imaging to Guide Pharmacology of Wet AMD. Intravitreal Interventions (2013). Vol. 2, #3.
- Reddy, J.C., Tibbetts, M.D., Hammersmith, K.M., Nagra, P.K., Rapuano, C.J. Successful management of Burkholderia cepacia keratitis after laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) Journal of RefractiveSurgery. (2013), 29, 8-9.
- Tibbetts, M.D., Samuel, M.A., Chang, T.S., Ho, A.C. Stem Cell Therapy for Retinal Disease. Current Opinion in Ophthalmology. (2012), 23,226-234.
- Tibbetts, M.D., Wise, R., Forbes, B., Levin, A.V. Hypertensive Retinopathy in a Child Cause by Pheochromocytoma: Identification After a Failed School Vision Screening. JAAPOS. (2012). 16, 97-99.
- Tibbetts, M.D. â€śDyslexiaâ€ť chapter in Wills Eye Institute: 5-Minute Ophthalmology Consult (pp.260-261) Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2012.
- Tibbetts, M.D. Wills Eye Residents Case Series: Case presentation of peripheral ulcerative keratitis secondary to relapsing polychondritis. Review of Ophthalmology July, 2011, 18:7.
- Tibbetts, M.D. Wills Eye Residents Case Series: Case presentation of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy presenting with vision loss. Review of Ophthalmology September, 2011, 18:9.
- Tibbetts, M.D., Shah, C.P., Young, L.H., Duker, J.S., Maguire, J., Morley, M.G. Treatment of Acute Retinal Necrosis. Ophthalmology (2010), 117, 818-824.
- Tibbetts, M.D., Shiozaki, E.N., Gu, L., McDonald, E.R. 3rd, El-Deiry, W.S., Shi, Y. Crystal structure of a FYVE-type zinc finger domain from the caspase regulator CARP2. Structure (2004). 12, 2257-2263.